June 9, 2014
Opening Presentation: What Makes An Entrepreneur?
What is entrepreneurism? What does a firm such as Denham Capital look for in a new management team? Learn about the core values and the characteristics that define successful entrepreneurs.
- Carl Tricoli, Co-Founder, Managing Partner and Co-President, Denham Capital – No presentation provided
Panel: Current Trends In The Marketplace
Gain insights into the state of the energy market today and recent changes in the market place, both from the capital markets and the deals perspectives.
- Bill Marko, Managing Director, Jefferies, LLC
- Michael D. Bodino, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Global Hunter Securities LLC
Roundtable Discussion: Starting A Business In Energy Today
Major changes in the industry during the past decade have dramatically impacted the way entrepreneurs secure funding today. Learn from this panel of experts and successful business leaders how to access capital.
- Jordan Marye, Partner, Denham Capital – No presentation provided
- Frank Lodzinski, CEO and President, Oak Valley Resources LLC – No presentation provided
- John Jacobi, Co-Founder, Covey Park Energy – No presentation provided
Closing Keynote: Risk Versus Reward
Good business is about learning to manage risk properly. Leading speaker unpacks how risk helps produce agile, innovative and profitable businesses. Learn the secrets to unleashing organizational courage.
- Ken Jones, Associate Director of the Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship, C.T Bauer College of Business, University of Houston
June 10, 2014
Opening Keynote: The Energy Capital Landscape
Is the shale boom sustainable, and if so, how long will it last? What is the balance between U.S. energy independence and U.S. energy security? How should the country view exports of oil and gas going forward? Learn the latest take on these hot-button issues from a leading economist.
- Helen Currie, Ph.D., Senior Economist, ConocoPhillips
Panel: Formulas for Accessing Public Equity vs. Non-senior Bank Debt (Bonds, 2nd Lien Debt, Project Debt, Mezzanine)
With so much capital chasing oil and gas investment and resource play companies looking for more development capital sooner than they can access via their RBL's, what is the best capital to access and when is the best time to access it?
- Access to Non-conforming Debt
Paul Beck, Executive Director, Macquarie Capital
- Access to Public Equity
Howard W. House, Managing Director, Co-Head of Energy Investment Banking, Raymond James & Associates Inc. – Presentation not available
Roundtable Discussion: Private Capital For Energy
Billions of dollars in private capital are eagerly seeking energy investment opportunities, but placements remain picky. Who will they back, and who won't they and why? These private-equity fund managers describe their investment parameters across the range of deal sizes and their outlook for the year.
- Murphy Markham, Partner, EnCap Investments LLC – Presentation not available
- Phillip Pace, Managing Director, Chambers Energy – Presentation not available
- James Burgoyne, Managing Director, Natural Resources, GE Energy Financial Services – Presentation not available
Roundtable Discussion: The High-Net-Worth Family Office
Often overlooked, high net-worth families are looking to deploy capital into small oil and gas direct investments. Who are these investors, what are they looking for, and how much are they looking to invest?
- Jay Snodgrass, Managing Partner, Energy Access Capital – Presentation not available
- Hunter Carpenter, Managing Director, The Stephens Group – Presentation not available
- Martin Fleming, Co-Founder and Managing Director, GMF Energy – Presentation not available
IPO Versus Sale Spotlight: Wringing Out Max Value Via Public Equity
This investment banker provides a case study into why IPOs can make better financial sense than an outright sale.
- David Bradshaw, Managing Director, Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
Afternoon Keynote: Win Or Lose? Execution With Capital-Efficient Growth
The price of poker for E&Ps is way up. High costs of developing unconventional plays have independents high-grading portfolios to the sweetest cores, and maximizing efficiencies to juice returns. Cutting costs while increasing production will be a differentiating factor between underperformers and overperformers in this New Shale World.
- Scott Sheffield, Chairman and CEO, Pioneer Natural Resources
Economic Spotlight: Natural Gas Pricing In North America
This expert economist discusses the intricacies of natural gas prices at home and abroad, and what the pricing outlooks are going forward.
- Michelle Michot Foss, Ph.D., Chief Energy Economist and Program Manager, Bureau of Economic Geology's Center for Energy Economics, Jackson School of Geosciences, The University of Texas
Panel: Tales From The Trenches
These E&P executives describe their experience with capitalization for existing asset development and for acquisitions during the past year, and the financial tools they've accessed to improve their overall fiscal profile.
- Larry Richard, President and Chief Operating Officer, Petro Edge Energy III
- Martin Thalken, Chairman and CEO, Protégé Energy III LLC
Entrepreneur-turned-publisher, columnist, television commentator, private investor and board director, Rich Karlgaard has a unique vantage point on the trends driving the business and investment climates. His insights help audiences see the global marketplace with new eyes.
- Rich Karlgaard, Columnist & Publisher, Forbes – Presentation not available